Gather Your Ideas
When you start thinking about remodeling your home, here are a few suggestions for how to start preparing:
- Collect pictures of elements that appeal to you. Some people enjoy scanning home design magazines for ideas.
- Take pictures of a friend’s kitchen, bathroom, addition or room that you like.
- Visit the many great product showrooms in the Bay Area where you can see the latest in appliances, lighting, bathroom fixtures, countertops, flooring, and cabinets.
- Gather brochures or take a camera along to capture your favorite finds.
Some of my favorite places to gather ideas are:
- A favorite place of mine for design books is Builders Booksource on Fourth Street in Berkeley.
- If you are interested in seeing a wide range of green materials in one place try:
- EcoHome Improvement in Berkeley.
Having a file of remodel ideas ready to show me when we start on your project will give us a good head start - so start collecting, and have fun!